- Do your systems provide usable information in layperson form?
- Are all staff members proficient with the alarm scenarios that may come up?
- Are the cumulative learning curves of separate systems and their interfaces prohibiting effectiveness?
- How would it be to have only one consistent front-end interface and command structure to learn and to train your staff on?
- What if each alarm also came with the specific information needed for appropriate response steps?
- What if the system was designed so clearly that the average staff member becomes proficient in it within one hour?